Friday 26 August 2011

Stanley Park and Granville Island Aug 23 & Aug 25th

We took the sky train from Burnaby into Vancouver and hopped a bus that took us directly to Stanley Park.  It was a beautiful hot day.  We walked all around and saw amazing hugh trees, felt lost standing by them.  Didn't go to the aquarium as we have been to several before and wanted to save our money for stuff we haven't see in the states.  Yeah so much for that.  Got a bus to Granville Island, which has a lot of shops and restaurants.  We found a nice outside deck at a restaurant and had dinner there.  

The bus driver had road rage and a woman got on with a hugh side by side stroller and Bill and I were sitting at the front and she asked us to move so she could put her stroller where we were sitting, the sits flipped up.  We of course got up and the bus driver said old people take preference over the stroller, don't make them move.  He almost got a bop in the nose.  The lady started yelling at him and we went to the back of the bus and didn't get involved.  Might be time for a hair color :)

Got back shortly after 8 p.m. and had a great time.  Below are pictures.

Aug 24th we got the wind shield fixed and did laundry and made reservations in Seattle for when we arrived.  Of course that didn't happen and when I called to cancel I knew that we would have to pay for the Thursday as it was too late to cancel.  I told the hotel what happened and he said I won't charge you for either night.  He said most of us are nice and its just the Boarder Agents that aren't.  So that was good.  We came back to the place we were staying in and they couldn't believe what happened.  

Aug 24th you know about.

Today Aug 25th was a slow starting day.  Finally had dim sum and it was the best ever.  No supper for us as it was a late lunch.  Getting ready to head east tomorrow, so until the next update bye for now.
Cheers nrm & bam

PS.  Thanks for your comments and ideas.  We may try a smaller boarder crossing in Alberta.  I'm sure we are flagged.  We'll go in and talk to them before trying again.  I did phone the US Consulate and can't get to talk to a real person.



Geese in Stanley Park

Thewhite peaks are Canada Place from Olympics

totem poles, Stanley Park

More Totem Poles

Grosse Mountain

Vancouver


women in wet suit on rock (covered in bird poop)



Rose Garden, not many left

Beautiful trees, S. Park ( I love the lime colored tree)

View from Granville Island

View from Granville Island


1 comment:

Khantiki said...

Hmmmm! I know how you felt I was on a crowded street car in Toronto in May and a man got up and offered me his seat. It's funny, cuz I still offer my seat to those older than me!