Wednesday 24 August 2011

New Westminster, BC Aug 20 & 21

We arrived at my cousin's Barb & Mike's home late afternoon and had a great evening.  They have a lovely garden and we sat out and chatted.  They have a fish pond with 3 hugh fish and lots of pretty flowers and a bonsai garden.  The racoons come by late at night but the fish have survived. Had linguini with clam sauce.  Mike had just gotten home from his annual fishing trip and the clams were fresh.
The next day we went for breakfast and their daughter Leah joined us.  A yummy breakfast then we walked and talked on the boardwalk.  Really pretty area, lots of flowers.  As Barb and Mike were getting ready for a trip to Quebec, Bill and I went out and did a couple of chores.  One being exchanging our GPS which died on the way to their house.  No problem they just exchanged it for a new one.  Back to their place and Mike bbqed fresh salmon which he had caught on his fishing trip.  It was delicious and I was able to eat it.  I think I may be turned off of the farmed raised salmon in NS.  Anyways a nice evening.  They snuck out at 6 a.m to get their flight to Quebec.  We left at 9 as we had an appt. for the truck to be serviced at 9:45 a.m.  It poured liked crazy so after picking up the truck we went to a mall and did a few more chores.  We stayed at the Best Western in Burnaby for 2 nights.
I'm very disappointed because I can't download the pictures.  Sorry about that, I'll try from a different location.
Cheers, nrm & bam


1 comment:

Cecile said...

... keep talking about the food. My mouth watered and taste buds danced when you said you had fresh clams (linguini). I had one feed of them this summer (Owls Head clams). Lv them, esp. raw soaking in vinegar for a few days.

And then fresh salmon. Maybe you should write a travel guide on food, with pictures. Glad you were able to eat the stream salmon. Isn't it great having couzins you can visit along the way, and who treat you to such great eats. Again, for me, all about the food!!!!

Must go look at the pics now.

Safe Travels